"I'm not a hipster. I'm just old."

Friday, August 14, 2015

An ancient sprite comic, resurrected.


Many solar orbits ago, I tried my hand at the sadly-not-lost art of pixel comics.  I only remember the joke in one of them, and here's a new version of that one.  Click on it to see a larger version.

Originally the strip used a slime from the Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior series.  It complained that the player always just ran away instead of killing it.  Several friends pointed out that it's much easier to just mash the A button to kill any slimes you encounter than it is to select the "run" option from the menu.  They were right--I don't remember ever actually running from a slime myself.

I may or may not make some more of these as ideas occur to me.  If ideas occur to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment